The Smoky Gardens provides an educational, entertaining and welcome environment that ignites a passion for the outdoors.
It is located at:
1735 Road 54
Goodland, KS 67735
The Sherman County Commission has forth that the following acts or conditions are declared to be unlawful and penalties for those violations are set forth as follows:
- – Throwing trash, waste, or refuse on the ground or in the water; misusing or abusing property; or using area facilities as toilets or for refuse disposal, except those facilities provided for those purposes.
- – Starting or building fires on or in other than mad-made fire retaining devices as defined below; or allowing fire to damage grounds or facilities; or leaving fires unattended.
- – Bathing, swimming, or wading, except wading done as part of lawful fishing or bull frogging activities.
- – Operating vessels, except those manually or electrically powered.
- – All fishing must be in compliance with State regulations unless otherwise posted.
- – Snagging of fish: Fish are legally taken by hook and line only when hooked within the mouth. Fish hooked elsewhere shall be returned to the water unrestrained immediately, or it shall be deemed to have been snagged.
- – Exceeding fish possession limits established by posted notice on the area and as defined below.
- – Operation of automobiles or other vehicles on other than maintained roads or parking areas, unless posted otherwise.
- – Operation of automobiles at speeds in excess of the posted speed limits.
- – Disorderly conduct as defined by K.S.A 21-6203.
- – Discharge of Fireworks, except public displays conducted with prior approval of the Board of County Commissioners, and in compliance with all applicable laws.
- – Do any act or engage in any activity contrary to or in violation of posted notice or rules and regulations
- – Discharge of firearms or archery except by special permit.
- – It shall be unlawful to sell alcoholic beverages on county property.
- – Groups or organizations consisting of more than 25 individuals wishing to use county property shall notify the Board of County Commissioners to obtain a permit.
- – Reservations of portions of the Park may only be secured by obtaining a permit and placing a deposit as outlined in the permit. Permits may be obtained thru the Board of County Commissioners.
This is a county park, so no park passes are required. There are 15- 30 amp RV spots with electric and water hookups. RV spots are $20/night, payable at self-pay stations at the campgrounds. RV spots are first-come, first-serve and there are no reservations. Dry camping is allowed in other locations of the park for no charge, but donations are welcome at the self-pay stations.
Fishing Licenses are required. There is NO swimming. Manual or electric powered vessels are allowed, life jackets are required.
When a county wide burn ban is on, there can be NO wood fires. You may use propane grill.
Please observe the posted rules and regulations.